Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Settling In

It's been a whirlwind here since mid November.  Moving, pnuemonia (walking pnuemonia that is...poor Bella), sick little ones (poor Meredith) who insisted on waking up every night at 1 am with little comfort in sight, enrolling kids in new schools (the elementary school is the size of small community college), and of course starting new schools.  I may have a mutiny on my hands if a certain kid doesn't make friends soon.
 Of course there was Pie Fest and Thanksgiving and the night before Thanksgiving there was that small matter of flooding the basement. (I won't lie, I almost cried). So, I'm keeping a watchful eye on that washing machine. 



But, we are finally settling in.  Most of the boxes are unpacked (except the ones I have shoved off into the garage).  (  =
We've pulled out the Christmas decorations and I am ignoring the fact that our living room is still living in the 1960s and the fact that our sweet Christmas tree above is currently propped up against the fireplace because a certain little girl took one too many ornaments off of it.  It came crashing down scaring the dickens out of us.
 
And of course, we have a new blog address.  I'm so glad you found us!  It wouldn't be the same around here without you. 

7 comments:

  1. Everything looks great! I hope the kids are all feeling better! I definitely have to get out there and see all of the awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid all the "awesomeness" only exists in photos! I don't know how much longer I can take the 60s curtains! So, please come and rescue me, Bonnie!

      Delete
  2. So I guess a move to a new address gets a new blog move too :) The place looks beautiful! I have a (little) housewarming gift for you guys I'm sending out. Wish I could deliver in person. Love you! Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best house warming gift would be to have you visit, Jen! Miss you! P.S. Thanks for the housewarming gift in advance!

      Love,
      Sharea

      Delete
  3. Yay! Hope you guys get to that "settled in" feeling soon. That hutch is adorable by the way. Miss you! Enjoy your new digs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you guys had a great Christmas! Happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete